What did you do to your E-Type today?

(Erica Moss) #2390

I think that was the factory location for the spare key IIRC. It was clever because it saved thieves from having to connect the two wires behind the panel.

(Paul Wigton) #2391

Nope… not seeing it.

(John Macleod) #2392

It was the spare key 48 years ago, but PO replaced ignition switch, so remains for decoration only.

(69 FHC ) #2393

Like Paul, I don’t see it either.

(Craig Balzer) #2394

I’m missing it, too, also, as well (is that 20?)

(67 OTS mailed check Patron) #2395

follow the direction of the printed word “fuses” upside down and right under the two meters but above the switches. Right next to Waldo.

(John Macleod) #2396

No hints …yet. Check your car, you may have one too.

(69 FHC ) #2397

Ah, found it.

For those who don’t know you can click on the picture and you get a version of the picture that allows a download. Do that and you can generally enlarge it.

(Ole Würtz) #2398

Just below the fuel gauge ?
Mine was fixed to the firewall in the engine bay.

(L.Lynn '68 OTS, '73 2+2) #2399

My 73 came that way too, assumed it was a S3 thing…
Cheers,
Lynn

(Pat O Brien) #2400

Fitted my Frames.
Paint shop told me the shell is now finished so arranged to visit and fit the waxoyled front frames. I have a well worn 5/16 unf tap for thread cleaning. As these frames had previously been fitted all aligned with minimal fuss.

(Pat O Brien) #2401

Leaving all fixings loose until all frames connected is key, oh and don’t forget the frame shims at the end of the engine frames.I am using a modified S2 picture frame, as I don’t require the fan mounting bracket. Bolts assembled with a splodge of copper slip.

Uploading: CIMG8443.JPG…

(Erica Moss) #2402

Really cool project. Was that extra reinforced rear stabilizer bracket a feature on all the lightweights or just something you thought would be prudent?

(Pat O Brien) #2403

Erica, I seen it many years ago on a Mod Sport Racer and thought that looks sensible. Not a feature of LWE’s

(Erica Moss) #2404

It’s a good enhancement. I’ve seen a bunch of deformed stabilizer mounts. I suspect most are just due to being incorrectly adjusted but it’s a well known weakness and surprising to me that they designed it that way.

(Pat O Brien) #2405

Sorry the bulkhead strengthener is a feature of all LWE’s. I read incorrectly and thought you were referring to the picture frame. Must pay more attention was what my teacher said and she was correct, still.

(Bill Bilotti 1966 S1 OTS (in boxes)) #2406

I haven’t. I have seen the bulkhead broken and the stabiliser mount just fine. On mine.

(Erica Moss) #2407

Yes that’s what I was referring to. The bulkhead bends. This design would make that much less likely.

(Pat O Brien) #2408

After two years and 3 months the painted shell is now home, let the festivities begin…

(Floats) #2409

Hey Pat,
This is just AWESOME. CONGRATS.
Regards
Chris
Cape Town