[v12-engine] Bolt-On EDIS Kit For V12s - Any Interest?

(Andrew Waugh) #21

The interface does warn you if you are reviving a topic which is older than 180 days. I suspect that many people are in such a hurry to post that they just click this warning away without actually reading it.

(Kirbert - author of the Book, former owner of an '83 XJ-S H.E.) #22

Read???!? Us? :astonished:

It probably needs to be a bright flashing screen.

(Paul Wigton) #23

…mit eine klaxon!!!

(Paul Wigton) #24

@Ray_Livingston… that still a good offer?

(mark white) #25

I used two EDIS 6 cylinder units, for a V12. Set crank sensors 30 degrees apart.

(Kirbert - author of the Book, former owner of an '83 XJ-S H.E.) #26

Shouldn’t they have been 60 degrees apart?

(mark white) #27

60 degrees for 6 cylinders, 30 for a 12. It is developmental, I haven’t got it to start yet, I did try 60 1st. Let you know shortly

Mark

(mark white) #28

Ok, I offset the 1st sensor 60 degrees from the -1 notch, but I offset the second pulse sensor 30 degrees from the 1st. Correct? It seems both 6 cylinder set ups would fire at the same time, if sensors were 60 offset,

(Paul Wigton) #29

And that very ignition system now lives in Switzerland: it was the best mod I ever made to Tweety!!!

(Kirbert - author of the Book, former owner of an '83 XJ-S H.E.) #30

But a complete cycle is 720 degrees. A 6-cyl has a power pulse every 120 degrees, while a 12-cyl has a power pulse every 60 degrees. That’s why the banks are 60 degrees apart.

(mark white) #31

Ahh yes, and you are soooo right! Spent a day making a 30 degree sensor bracket, and now going back to the 60. Determined pulse gear eccentricity was missing pulses! Got a real one ordered, was using a sprocket with the teeth ground down some. Hey, your input was really very much appreciated! I pride myself in doing the math, but messed up on this one! Thank you very much, and happy new year! Mark

(Philip Lochner) #32

Mark, what did you do to ensure the SAW pulse was correctly phased relative to the PIP pulse for the 2nd EDIS unit?

I found that not correcting the SAW phase “worked” up to about 2000rpm, but then the b-bank spark timing defaulted to 10degBTDC.